Friday, December 10, 2010

Compliments, "As Good As It Gets"



In the above clip the guy has OCD and he's extremely quirky but he likes her! In previous troubled waters she bartered staying for dinner with a compliment, to which he did an excellent job, got her to say but because of his interminable rude tendencies she soon left. The final scene of the movie brings about this compliment.The first time I heard it I remember going OH MY GOSH, I totally get that :) [huge smile!] If you find that's cheesy you haven't read to the end of this post! That's only the synopsis.

I was just thinking about this clip and how it so perfectly encapsulates the essence of what a lot of women want from their partners. To feel that that other person sees you.....not just as super special...but sees you, and recognizes and appreciates all the unique things that make you you! Did you just hurl?! Stop it! C'mon now, I'm serious... when I get dressed up and I know I'm looking good, the only other person that can compliment me and turn me into caramel hot chocolate on the inside is my boo. And I won't lie, I miss it if I don't get it... smh cuz I don't know what it is!!! but a compliment from the person I most desire in the this world is like a mirror reflection of premium verbal affirmation! I don't know about you but, there's something in a compliment from the right him :) "And the fact that I get it makes me feel good...about me!"

1 comment:

  1. Sighs, compliments...i agree they mean soo much when they come from the ones that matter most.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, Beautiful.